Electrical Infrared Inspection
Today’s electrical systems are complex and high performance. Excessive heat relative to the entire system can be a sign of potential problems. These higher temperatures often indicated loose or faulty connections, improper wiring installation, ground faults, short circuits and other common problems in electric equipment. It is often difficult to determine if there is a ticking time bomb within your electrical system simply from a visual inspection. With the help of Certified Infrared and their top-of-the-line equipment and expertise, you can pinpoint and repair electrical problems before they fail. This will ultimately reduce or eliminate your operational downtown and keep your company on a profitable track. See this brief video on what thermal imaging is all about. Thermography Report for Barn Electrical Service
The goal of every electrical infrared (thermal) inspection is to survey designated electrical equipment in order to pinpoint defective components and elevated temperatures within your power distribution system. If unfound or untreated these thermal “hot spots” can cause- potential fire, explosion, or electrical service interruption threats.
Thermal hot spots are typically caused by unbalanced or overloaded electrical circuits, loose connections, or broken equipment. These conditions are often overlooked during routine evaluations of facilities and can result in the release of heat that will be visible only through infrared thermography detection services.
A typical electrical infrared survey can in a net a savings from $10,000 to $20,000, depending on the number and category of anomalies found. In addition to the direct financial savings, valuable time is saved by incorporating an annual infrared electrical survey into your PM program. Providing accurate information regarding the integrity of your electrical system’s components cuts down on maintenance time, prevents costly replacements and can eliminate unforeseen outages and downtime. An infrared (thermal) electrical inspection survey can help:
- Maintain the integrity of your facility’s electrical system
- Reduces electrical fire hazards
- Provide uninterrupted power to tenants/clients/employees
- Detect faulty connections/overloaded circuits
- Provide a snap shot in time of the condition of your mechanical systems, motors, bearings, etc.
- Preventative or predictive maintenance programs save money by reducing:
- pre-mature equipment failure
- emergency overtime
- overnight shipment of parts
- insurance premiums (many insurance companies give discounts for performing regular infrared inspections)
- loss of revenue due to downtime
Our certified thermographers quickly and non-destructively pinpoint electrical and mechanical problems that cannot be seen with the naked eye, such as loose connections, faulty breakers, disconnects, overloaded circuits, imbalanced loads, weak motor windings and bearings, and much more. Detection of and imaging of thermal problems are done using modern thermography cameras. During the electrical infrared survey, our team will generally inspect the following equipment, but can provide inspection and imaging on any electrical or mechanical components according to your specification.
- Switch Gear
- Service Disconnects
- Transfer Switches
- Bus Runs
- Motors / Pumps / Bearings
- Lighting / Heating Contactors
- Motor Control Centers
- Breaker Panels
- UPS Equipment
- Chillers and Roof Top HVAC Equipment
Sovereign Electric infrared reports are concise and to the point, making anomaly location easy to determine and facilitate repairs. Your report will include a detailed easy-to-read inspection report including:
- a complete list of equipment inspected
- a written narrative of the survey
- a report form for every anomaly detected during the inspection.
A report sheet accompanies each problem which includes:
- digital visible light photograph & color thermogram (infrared) picture
- severity category of problem
- potential cause of problem
- physical location of problem
- problem area temperatures
Each Electrical survey will be conducted with the latest technology in the industry and will be followed by a complete Electrical survey report similar to this report, create a web link for the attached Jesus Ministries Report so clients can view it.
Call today to setup your appointment. 856.552.0946 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org